Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Released

For those that tend to wait for the first point release of a new Ubuntu LTS relase before upgrading, Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic Beaver" is now available...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....04.1-Released

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    For those that tend to wait for the first point release of a new Ubuntu LTS relase before upgrading, Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic Beaver" is now available...

Comment

Is this point release still affected by that huge gnome memory leak ? I tired Ubuntu 3 weeks ago and it was still terrible

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Typo:
        For those that tend to wait for the first point release of a new Ubuntu LTS release before upgrading, Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic Beaver" is now available...
        BTW, upgrading from 16.04 is still not enabled, see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes :

Upgrading from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
        Upgrades from 16.04 LTS will not be enabled until a few days after 18.04.1's release expected in late July.

Comment

I did a fresh install to clean out cruft. I like 18.04 with unite extension.

Comment

I upgraded from 16.04 but went through 17.10 first as i was expecting problems and had a long holiday to fix stuff, glad i did had to make a few big changes that took time to figure out..
            made upgrading to 18.04 much smoother, only had apache permissions to sort out on one alias.

Comment

Was using Fedora primarily for about a year or two now and decided to check out this latest point release; I'm really liking what I see.

The minimal install option is pretty nice, and seems to let me set-up a cleaner install than what Fedora did. Feels a little bit overall snappier too, but not too sure why. I had no problems with the default GNOME UI in Fedora, but was surprised at how natural stuff felt with the side dock, min/max/close buttons, and desktop icons in Ubuntu.

Looks like I'm back to using Ubuntu primarily

Comment

Working...
              X