Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    So I will able to install Ubuntu on btrfs RAID array without hassle?

Leave a comment:

• froyo
    replied
    I hope they bring back encrypted home directories (ecryptfs). There are use cases (decryption by ssh login), which are not (easily) covered by other methods.

Leave a comment:

• Uqbar
    replied
    Yes, please! Reinvent again the wheel! We just need a new one!
    Netplan was another good thing Canonical brought to Ubuntu Server.Unluckily I had to unistall it and pull the good ol' ifupdown or leave my server offline.
    I hope I can do something server-like with this new shiny installer.
    Can I configure MD+LVM2 and have the server really boot out of it?
    For years Canonical forgot that if you can configure MD+LVM2, then their support needs to be already part of the initrd. Or it won't boot.
    Yes, I am looking forward to see this marvelous brand new installer and finally ditch Ubuntu also for servers.

Leave a comment:

• q2dg
    replied
    Do you know if there is the option to choose a mirror already? I wanted to do a local PXE installation and it wasn't possible

Leave a comment:

• Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Introducing Revised Server Installer, Adds Missing Features

Phoronix: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Introducing Revised Server Installer, Adds Missing Features

With the April release of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on the server front was a brand new, in-house developed server installer created by Canonical to differentiate it from Debian's long-used text installer for the Ubuntu Server images. While it offered a fresh look and some new features, it shipped without many features common to Linux server installers. Fortunately, that is changing with the upcoming Ubuntu Server 18.04.1 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X