X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aisyk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kendji View Post
    Dumb question, will you be able to upgrade to the finished version when it's released from an beta install?
    I don't know specially for this version, but that's why i'm not on Elementary (i was on for 2 years). Upgrades between versions wasn't supported and if you install beta version, even if you'll install the latests upgrades, you'll stay on beta version...

Leave a comment:

• Michael_S
    replied
    Originally posted by Kendji View Post
    Dumb question, will you be able to upgrade to the finished version when it's released from an beta install?
    Per the Medium post linked from the article, "And while we do our best to make the update process smooth, you will likely not have as good of an experience updating from Beta as installing the final release."

The Medium post makes it clear this beta is for app developers and advanced users, not really for regular end user installation. I would have called it an alpha, then, to make the purpose clearer.

I used Elementary OS for a while and liked it a lot, it was very stable. I switched off because I thought my video card was giving me problems due to bugs in the Elementary drivers. After the same video card gave me problems in two Linux distributions and in Windows 10 across two desktops, I figured out the problem was the card. But then I was too lazy to reinstall Elementary.
    Last edited by Michael_S; 03 July 2018, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kendji
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Elementary OS Juno Beta 1 Released

Elementary OS Juno Beta 1 Released

Phoronix: Elementary OS Juno Beta 1 Released

For fans of the desktop-focused, easy-to-use, and elegantly designed Elementary OS Linux distribution, their beta of the upcoming 5.0 "Juno" is now available for public testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X