Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xubuntu 18.10 Is Landing More Xfce 4.13 Components

Phoronix: Xubuntu 18.10 Is Landing More Xfce 4.13 Components

Sean Davis of the Xubuntu project has provided a status update about the ongoing work by this Xfce-focused spin of Ubuntu Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What ever happened to the QT port of xfce? It sounded like that was goig to be the official way forward but things kind of evaporated at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by squash View Post
      What ever happened to the QT port of xfce? It sounded like that was goig to be the official way forward but things kind of evaporated at some point.
      I believe you are referring to the LXDE port to Qt. That is still going on, last time I checked.

Comment

In other news, I was finally able to re-enable compositing with window previews in the task switcher in XUbuntu 18.04 with oibaf ppa enabled a couple days ago. Yay. No more reboots!

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

I believe you are referring to the LXDE port to Qt. That is still going on, last time I checked.
          You're correct, I was thinking of LXQT.

Comment

Even with XFCE devs don't saying I can see they will soon start moving to Wayland.

Comment

Working...
            X