X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leech
    replied
    Originally posted by grok View Post
    I couldn't find the debian+lxde images for Debian 9. There's always the net install with text installer but I don't think that works over wifi. I don't have a use for the gnome 3 iso.
    Get the netinstall that contains the firmware; https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/u.../amd64/iso-cd/

For the record, there hasn't been a 'text' installer by default for like a decade. It's very much a graphical one.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by waxhead View Post

Sure, Greek art and Roman architecture has an is very influential and so is Debian.
    That is probably not what you meant, but Debian is a very good distro that has three branches, stable (which is ancient but works) , testing (which is a rolling release with new , fresh software) and unstable (which is bleeding edge).

If you think Debian is ancient, you are on the wrong branch!...
    And even Debian Stable isn't all that ancient compared to most Red Hat versions.

Leave a comment:

• grok
    replied
    I couldn't find the debian+lxde images for Debian 9. There's always the net install with text installer but I don't think that works over wifi. I don't have a use for the gnome 3 iso.

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    Exactly. And a "rolling stone gathers no moss"*. What this means is that if you waste so much time pointlessly updating and fixing all your sodding packages, you are never going to get any proper work done

Old and stable is good. Heck I would even have no problem running Debian Etch if all the hardware would work properly.

* I re-purposed that old saying.

Leave a comment:

• waxhead
    replied
    Originally posted by eydee View Post
    Just put some art from ancient Rome/Greece. What could describe Debian any better?
    Sure, Greek art and Roman architecture has an is very influential and so is Debian.
    That is probably not what you meant, but Debian is a very good distro that has three branches, stable (which is ancient but works) , testing (which is a rolling release with new , fresh software) and unstable (which is bleeding edge).

If you think Debian is ancient, you are on the wrong branch!...

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Just put some art from ancient Rome/Greece. What could describe Debian any better?

Leave a comment:

• Debian Is Looking For Help Coming Up With The Artwork For 10.0 Buster

Phoronix: Debian Is Looking For Help Coming Up With The Artwork For 10.0 Buster

If you are more the artistic type than a software developer, Debian is looking for your help. They are soliciting proposals for the artwork/theme for next year's Debian 10 "Buster" release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X