Linux Mint 19 Beta Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by humbug View Post
    Waiting for the final release to install on my friend's laptop. I think it would be the ideal distro to wean him off windows.
    I have checked his workflow and everything he uses his PC for so I think Linux would be good for him. The only stumbling block I have is that he uses iTunes.

Linux Mint's BETAs are of higher quality than other distros BETAs.
    I'm actually using Mint 19 already.
    You can probably install it already and when the final release comes out, all you have to do is update your system.

Comment

Originally posted by Atirage21 View Post
      I tried maybe 20 times, ..only once i was succes with start of live distro on HP 8570w. Lots of kernel panic was ! By succes start of live distro, but kernel 4.15 have troubles with nvidia K2000M in form of GPIO mode for GPU. Last good distro for me with good kernel 3.19 was only Linux mint 17.3. From kernel 4.X have gpio mode at cards of nvidia on lots of laptops from HP, Lenovo and Acer. With mesa and proprietary driver it was same!

If you post in their blog, i'm sure they'll probably give you some kind of answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        Anyway for us Mint 18 users to upgrade to this without reinstalling the OS?
        I believe yes. All you have to do is wait for the Mint Team to finish work on that and make a post on their blog on how to do it.
        HOWEVER
        I never recommend Upgrading!
        Nothing beats a clean install.
        Just backup you /home folder and reinstall the new version.

Way better, way cleaner, way faster.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post

Linux Mint's BETAs are of higher quality than other distros BETAs.
          I'm actually using Mint 19 already.
          You can probably install it already and when the final release comes out, all you have to do is update your system.
          So if I setup his laptop with everything he needs and hand it over now, as long as he updates regularly he will move onto the stable version when it comes out ?

no advantage of waiting for the stable ISO?

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post

So if I setup his laptop with everything he needs and hand it over now, as long as he updates regularly he will move onto the stable version when it comes out ?

no advantage of waiting for the stable ISO?
            Yes.
            As long as the Beta works fine, you can install now.

Comment

i'm exited to try the fastest cinnamon

Comment

Working...
              X