Linspire Server 2018 Released, Based On Ubuntu 16.04 With Xfce Desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linspire Server 2018 Released, Based On Ubuntu 16.04 With Xfce Desktop

Phoronix: Linspire Server 2018 Released, Based On Ubuntu 16.04 With Xfce Desktop

Back in January was the news of Linspire (formerly known as "Lindows") making a comeback and this week marks the release of Linspire Server 2018...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...re-Server-2018

What a crappy looking website! Looks like they're hosting it on blogger.com. Weird.

Comment

Michael

"XFS and JFS are listed as the supported operating systems"

Besides the typo, XFCE, or any other desktop environment for that matter, on a Linux server is plain stupid. It doesn't ease anything, but it fools winministrators and macministrators into believing they can do anything server side with their beloved mice. And, while I find looking at them struggling a lot of fun, it's not the intended outcome.
      Last edited by lucrus; 05-16-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

DWM? As in dwm or Windows' compositor?

Comment

Sound business idea: take the branding of a desktop distro that only ever lost money, use it to re-brand a server distro that has never made a profit, and market it as a revenue stream for your investors.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd check to see if the address of the company doing this is located somewhere in Nigeria.

Comment

I thought Ubuntu Server had been profitable for quite some time and that it was the desktop that wasn't.

Comment

Working...
            X