No announcement yet.

OpenSUSE Leap 15 Supports Transactional Updates Using Btrfs / Zypper / Snapper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE Leap 15 Supports Transactional Updates Using Btrfs / Zypper / Snapper

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Leap 15 Supports Transactional Updates Using Btrfs / Zypper / Snapper

Of the many new features coming to openSUSE Leap 15 that is built from the same sources as SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 is support for transactional updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, this is great. I hope fedora will take a similar route with their atomic platform.

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
      Wow, this is great. I hope fedora will take a similar route with their atomic platform.
      I think this is what rpm-ostree is for.

Comment

Is it just some more fleshed-out version of what was already done in the past on openSUSE with Btrfs + Snapper + Zypper/Yast (automatic snapshots before/after installations, with support to boot into an older snapshot from gurb if anything goes wrong) ?
        Or is it something distinctivly different ?

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post
          Is it just some more fleshed-out version of what was already done in the past on openSUSE with Btrfs + Snapper + Zypper/Yast (automatic snapshots before/after installations, with support to boot into an older snapshot from gurb if anything goes wrong) ?
          Or is it something distinctivly different ?
          It's a different project. There is a entry to select 'transanctional update' with the installer. I think you can use both snapper and this feature as well.

Comment

Working...
          X