No announcement yet.

OpenSUSE Leap 15 Supports Transactional Updates Using Btrfs / Zypper / Snapper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE Leap 15 Supports Transactional Updates Using Btrfs / Zypper / Snapper

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Leap 15 Supports Transactional Updates Using Btrfs / Zypper / Snapper

Of the many new features coming to openSUSE Leap 15 that is built from the same sources as SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 is support for transactional updates...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Trans-Updates

Wow, this is great. I hope fedora will take a similar route with their atomic platform.

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
      Wow, this is great. I hope fedora will take a similar route with their atomic platform.
      I think this is what rpm-ostree is for.

Comment

Is it just some more fleshed-out version of what was already done in the past on openSUSE with Btrfs + Snapper + Zypper/Yast (automatic snapshots before/after installations, with support to boot into an older snapshot from gurb if anything goes wrong) ?
        Or is it something distinctivly different ?

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post
          Is it just some more fleshed-out version of what was already done in the past on openSUSE with Btrfs + Snapper + Zypper/Yast (automatic snapshots before/after installations, with support to boot into an older snapshot from gurb if anything goes wrong) ?
          Or is it something distinctivly different ?
          It's a different project. There is a entry to select 'transanctional update' with the installer. I think you can use both snapper and this feature as well.

Comment

Working...
          X