X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kaprikawn
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Who cares, "stable", lts etc distributions are a waste of human resources. Old and buggy software is for stupidos. Rolling release operating systems are modern computing. Use Debian testing/sid/experimental Xfce distribution and packages.https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
    Plenty of people care about stable. You don't understand there's use cases other than your own don't you? What am I saying, of course you don't, you only care about your blinkered view of the world.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied

Who cares, "stable", lts etc distributions are a waste of human resources. Old and buggy software is for stupidos. Rolling release operating systems are modern computing. Use Debian testing/sid/experimental Xfce distribution and packages.https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
    I always tought how Debian should put WIP sign on these alpha/daily/dev/unstable/ installers, so that people know and to be properly awared what that is or at least what could do to some of these points:

Also any Linux kernel or whatever software before release should also have that sign Broken compositors (that is actually pleonasm, since there is zero non-broken compositors), should also have that entire time as a watermark

ACHTÜNG, ACHTÜNG!!! WIP AREA!!! PLEASE MOVE ALONG IF YOU ARE NOT DEVELOPER OR WILLING TO HELP IN DEVELOPMENT!!!

And wait for this most modern sign

Of course even that has no meaning, since some software use speedy release scheme as a marketing tool, while actually providing development shit as release
    Last edited by dungeon; 17 April 2018, 12:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PackRat
    replied

Rolling is development model until release. Like tumbleweed never releases it's just a snapshot. I know what you mean, but technically it does not work that way for any operating system.

Leave a comment:

• PackRat
    replied
    Originally posted by bison View Post

Nothing can ever be worse than "Beefy Miracle" (Fedora 17).
    Wasn't anaconda introduced then?

Leave a comment:

• bison
    replied
    Originally posted by PackRat View Post

Don't even get me started on 'bionic beaver' .
    Nothing can ever be worse than "Beefy Miracle" (Fedora 17).

Leave a comment:

• PackRat
    replied
    Originally posted by NeptNutz
    Well now, here's an area where SteamOS excels!

Assuming a version 3.0, I nominate "Crystal Maiden" as the moniker.
    Come on bro, Valve can't count to 3

Leave a comment:

• PackRat
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post

And why is that? You do know the history behind it, correct?
    Debian does not support any of the software that is used for the production of toy story movies. It was used in 1995 for a render farm for first toy story.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
    They really shouldnt name 12 bookworm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=8s&v=0vbd_LfKGH0

Leave a comment:

• PackRat
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    It's significantly less dumb than Ubuntu's naming scheme, so there is that.
    Don't even get me started on 'bionic beaver' .

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by PackRat View Post
    They really shouldn't be named after toy story characters period.
    It's significantly less dumb than Ubuntu's naming scheme, so there is that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X