Debian 10 "Buster" Should Be Out Around Mid-2019, Debian 12 Is "Bookworm"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanL View Post

And why is that? You do know the history behind it, correct?
    Debian does not support any of the software that is used for the production of toy story movies. It was used in 1995 for a render farm for first toy story.

Comment

Well now, here's an area where SteamOS excels!

Assuming a version 3.0, I nominate "Crystal Maiden" as the moniker.

Comment

Originally posted by NeptNutz View Post
        Well now, here's an area where SteamOS excels!

Assuming a version 3.0, I nominate "Crystal Maiden" as the moniker.
        Come on bro, Valve can't count to 3

Comment

True True. At least Brewmaster can never overstay its welcome here at Phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post

Don't even get me started on 'bionic beaver' .
            Nothing can ever be worse than "Beefy Miracle" (Fedora 17).

Comment

Originally posted by bison View Post

Nothing can ever be worse than "Beefy Miracle" (Fedora 17).
              Wasn't anaconda introduced then?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Who cares, "stable", lts etc distributions are a waste of human resources. Old and buggy software is for stupidos. Rolling release operating systems are modern computing. Use Debian testing/sid/experimental Xfce distribution and packages.https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
                Rolling is development model until release. Like tumbleweed never releases it's just a snapshot. I know what you mean, but technically it does not work that way for any operating system.

Comment

Who cares, "stable", lts etc distributions are a waste of human resources. Old and buggy software is for stupidos. Rolling release operating systems are modern computing. Use Debian testing/sid/experimental Xfce distribution and packages.https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
                  I always tought how Debian should put WIP sign on these alpha/daily/dev/unstable/ installers, so that people know and to be properly awared what that is or at least what could do to some of these points:

Also any Linux kernel or whatever software before release should also have that sign Broken compositors (that is actually pleonasm, since there is zero non-broken compositors), should also have that entire time as a watermark

ACHTÜNG, ACHTÜNG!!! WIP AREA!!! PLEASE MOVE ALONG IF YOU ARE NOT DEVELOPER OR WILLING TO HELP IN DEVELOPMENT!!!

And wait for this most modern sign

Of course even that has no meaning, since some software use speedy release scheme as a marketing tool, while actually providing development shit as release
                  Last edited by dungeon; 04-17-2018, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Plenty of people care about stable. You don't understand there's use cases other than your own don't you? What am I saying, of course you don't, you only care about your blinkered view of the world.

Comment

Probably Debian 10 will be the final operating system I will install on my old 32bit machines. I currently use Ubuntu 16.04 but I wont' upgrade them to 18.04 since there's not enough testing in ubuntu 32bit archives since the official flavor has dropped support. Also, many 3rd party software is not available for Ubuntu latest versions 32bit (e.g. megasync), but I hope they will support Debian 32bit for a little bit more.

Comment

Working...
                      X