Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System76 Rolls Out Pop!_OS 18.04 For Testing

Phoronix: System76 Rolls Out Pop!_OS 18.04 For Testing

Linux PC vendor System76 has released their second test spin of the upcoming Pop!_OS 18.04, which is also derived from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS but with a growing set of changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Mentalist View Post
    #onedesktoptorulethemall
    That's what I like to wake up to - some nice Phoronix trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

That's what I like to wake up to - some nice Phoronix trolling.
      Yep, going to have to speak to Michael about getting blocklists working again. Looks like GhostOfFunk finally realized his account was blocked, so he created a new username and is spreading the same spam again.

Comment

I am currently on a System 76 Oryx Pro running Pop OS 17.10 and screen brightness doesn't work on Gnome, neither from Gnome's menu nor from the keyboard shortcuts. Screen brightness works perfectly on KDE on the other hand. I downloaded PopOS 18.04 thinking that such a basic functionality on System76's own hardware should be fixed by now, but to my surprise it's still not fixed. So I pulled out that thumb drive and I'm now waiting for Kubuntu's final release. System76 should make supporting their own hardware their top priority, rather than focusing on UI improvements.

Comment

sarmad Did you have the system76 driver installed when you were using Pop? The ISO from the website does not include it and it would have to be added like so:

sudo apt-add-repository -ys ppa:system76-dev/stable
          sudo apt-get update
          sudo apt-get install -y system76-driver

Comment

Originally posted by athoneycutt View Post
            sarmad Did you have the system76 driver installed when you were using Pop? The ISO from the website does not include it and it would have to be added like so:

sudo apt-add-repository -ys ppa:system76-dev/stable
            sudo apt-get update
            sudo apt-get install -y system76-driver
            Huh, interesting. No, I don't have the PPA. Are you sure you are talking about PopOS and not Ubuntu? PopOS' official installation instructions makes no mention of any PPA.

Comment

If you have installed with the Pop ISO from our website it does not include our System76 Driver and that will need to be installed after you install Pop!_OS. If you reinstall Ubuntu you will need to add that PPA as well to install our System76 Driver.

Full instructions on installing Pop!_OS your computer.

Comment

Working...
              X