Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 Officially Launches

Phoronix: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 Officially Launches

After its public beta rounds the past few months, Red Hat today has announced Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 has reached general availability status...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I immediately went to update my server. Then I remembered I'm actually running CentOS...

Comment

One of the most important thing about that release is adding kernel-alt package with kernel 4.14. Red Hat finally started shipping more recent kernel not only that patchwork.

Comment

Cool, now will AMDGPU-PRO be updated too and for Ubuntu 18.04 probably

Comment

Ah, this has been awaited eagerly at work.

Or rather, the CentOS release of 7.5 is being awaited eagerly.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Buildah is a way to build and deploy container images without having a full container run-time stack or daemon.
            So... correct me if I'm wrong, but is Buildah a tool for admin-boyz deploy containah images?

Or is it some kind of clever acronym?

Comment

Originally posted by mskarbek View Post
              One of the most important thing about that release is adding kernel-alt package with kernel 4.14. Red Hat finally started shipping more recent kernel not only that patchwork.
              Not for x64.
              only ARM64 and some IBM archs

Comment

Originally posted by mskarbek View Post
                kernel-alt is only for 64-bit ARM, IBM POWER9 (little endian) and IBM z Systems. Can be checked here: https://red.ht/2qnbLns

Comment

Originally posted by OneBitUser View Post

So... correct me if I'm wrong, but is Buildah a tool for admin-boyz deploy containah images?

Or is it some kind of clever acronym?
                  Buildah is basically a replacement for `docker build`, one that doesn't require you to run a container daemon as root on your machine.

I was at a talk about CRI-O and the tool was mentioned there, and as far as I remember the name is because it's a more basic builder tool for the containers, hence the more ...basic name.

Comment

Those who want CentOS 7.5 asap, enable CR:

Updates should start to drop a few weeks sooner here.

Comment

Working...
                    X