Clear Linux Shedding More Light On Their "Magic" Performance Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree with you.
    I would even go farther and have opt in channel with AVX and above.

Shouldn't be too hard to have few parallel channel for each distribution.

Comment

Why is every Gentoo user a goddamn weaboo.

Comment

Funny that they use OpenBLAS as an example of the advantage of their function multiversioning approach, when OpenBLAS is one of the few packages that have done this already by itself, as long as you compile it with DYNAMIC_ARCH=1.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          It seems that masturbating over your compiler flags doesn't do it anymore.

Anyways... I am using ArchLinux on a Core 2 Duo notebook and I am happy that it still works on it. Everybody who cares for longer bars in benchmarks should just use ClearLinux or Gentoo. Or create their own "OMG Optimized" distribution.

It's not that hard to create your own package repository in ArchLinux.

Comment

I would like to install this OS but I've difficult to detect the right file form the several files they issue in the official site, furthermore there is no ISO file in there. So what is the right file to install among them? thanks.
            Last edited by Azrael5; 05 April 2018, 06:05 AM.

Comment

The fastest desktop I have ever used was Super SUSE - a project to build opensuse with optimised CGLAGS, CK kernel and various other options, such as compilation of all packages for i686 (rather than the standard i586 used at the time)

The project only lived for a year or so which was a shame as it was faster than any competition, with the exception of Gentoo, which when properly optimised (correct GFLAGS, USE flags, etc) can be faster than others

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                I would like to install this OS but I've difficulto to detect the right file form the several files they issue in the official site, furthermore there is no ISO file in there. So what is the right file to install among them? thanks.
                The img file that I then transfer to USB flash drive is what I always use.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by -MacNuke- View Post
                  It's not that hard to create your own package repository in ArchLinux.
                  You can also just add your flags in makepkg.conf and then build the PKGBUILDs from the official repos.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

The img file that I then transfer to USB flash drive is what I always use.
                    I'm unable to get it, where is it exactly? The fact that the file page is so chaotic to make unclear where the iso file is, brings discredit to the OS itself and the people who manage the site.
                    Last edited by Azrael5; 05 April 2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                      Cause it's cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X