No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 18.04 Will No Longer Do Automatic Suspend By Default Unless On Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 18.04 Will No Longer Do Automatic Suspend By Default Unless On Battery

Phoronix: Ubuntu 18.04 Will No Longer Do Automatic Suspend By Default Unless On Battery

Last month I wrote how Ubuntu 18.04 began enabling "automatic suspend" by default on new installations where after 20 minutes systems were suspending without notice and in some cases still causing issues trying to resume with modern x86 hardware in 2018... Fortunately, Ubuntu developers are reverting that behavior when on AC power...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Amen.

Comment

Large memory leak, suspend doesn't work... should have switched to Plasma Desktop instead.

Comment

Now let's just point out how some Ubuntu haters reacted to that last month, and how they're gonna be silent now that their little favourite (for most haters it's Gnome) is the actual responsible for this...

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
          Now let's just point out how some Ubuntu haters reacted to that last month, and how they're gonna be silent now that their little favourite (for most haters it's Gnome) is the actual responsible for this...
          A few years back by brother installed Ubuntu maybe it was 14 with unity I have no idea. He hated it so much he went out and bought windows 10 pro. He wants to ditch windows I guess I'll get him to try fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
            Damn, that evil GNOME, it smuggled itself into Ubuntu's official release after it tweaked itself a little to look relatively like Unity so none would notice. Poor Ubuntu and Canonical, 100% victims of this big bad GNOME software that just happened to them without them knowing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post
              A few years back by brother installed Ubuntu maybe it was 14 with unity I have no idea. He hated it so much he went out and bought windows 10 pro. He wants to ditch windows I guess I'll get him to try fedora.
              I would get him to try OpenSUSE Leap instead.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

Damn, that evil GNOME, it smuggled itself into Ubuntu's official release after it tweaked itself a little to look relatively like Unity so none would notice. Poor Ubuntu and Canonical, 100% victims of this big bad GNOME software that just happened to them without them knowing about it.
                Wait, so evil Canonical should stay with Unity? Evil Canonical didn't fragment "community" this way? No matter what they do it's always their fault lol.
                PS: I am Ubuntu GNOME user, I never liked Unity and I love GNOME.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post
                  Large memory leak, suspend doesn't work... should have switched to Plasma Desktop instead.
                  You still can. The package is kubuntu-desktop. With this you will be able to select KDE or Gnome from your login screen.

Comment

What hardware doesnt work with suspend these days? Asking so i know who to avoid when i next buy a new computer cause that's fucking ridiculus

Comment

Working...
                    X