Fedora 28 Beta To Be Released Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

Memory is Cheap IMO, its VideoCards that are Expensive.
    At least video card prices are coming down. 200€ for 16GBs of DDR4 RAM is much more insane. Just a few years ago it was a quarter of that price.

Comment

Originally posted by tambre View Post

At least video card prices are coming down. 200€ for 16GBs of DDR4 RAM is much more insane. Just a few years ago it was a quarter of that price.
      Not sure where you live, but here in the Netherlands I can buy 16 GB DDR4 RAM for €142. Still a bit pricey, but waaaay cheaper than where you live.

Comment

Yea memory prices are insane. Almost a decade ago when I built what was then my main desktop I spent 80€ for 16GiB DDR3. When I finally replaced that about a year ago with my current Ryzen 1700X-system, I reluctantly spent 200€ for 32GiB DDR4. You'd think that a decade of technological progress would give you that capacity and speed increase at a similiar price, but reality is something else entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Not sure where you live, but here in the Netherlands I can buy 16 GB DDR4 RAM for €142. Still a bit pricey, but waaaay cheaper than where you live.
          If you go for ECC and a brand like Samsung you will pay >170 €.

Comment

Working...
          X