Clear All

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
    it'll be renamed to YUM eventually
    I would hope so. YUMmy things are good!

Comment

About fucking time.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

What you mean like them saying "We're developing this rather than just taking zypper because we want a drop in replacement for yum", and it turning out to not be a drop in replacement for yum, and so they stuck with naming it dnf rather than renaming it yum
        When it was in development, it could not be called the same command to distinguish itself, including at the API level and allow one to use the legacy yum in parallel. However since the legacy yum isn't installed by default but dnf-yum is, in Fedora, it does a silent redirect to dnf, respects all the typical config files in the same locations etc. There are some obscure differences in command line switches but nothing the vast majority of users are going to notice. It is effectively a full drop-in replacement and works that way. In any recent Fedora release, yum install foo or yum remove foo etc works perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          i do that all the time, thats why i come here
          you've made wrong turn. even google is better at this topic. first page of hits has your question covered https://www.google.com/search?q=pack...gnome+software

Comment

I just had a popup a few days ago saying that my 50 GB drive partition (mount on /) was full.
            I searched to understand why (because all my big files are in /home) and I saw that PackageKit cache was taking 30 GB. I tried to find a command line to clear the PackageKit cache, but nothing worked... I ended up 'rm -r'ing the cache directory.

Don't know if it's safe, but I won 30 GB... I guess it was worthing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
              I just had a popup a few days ago saying that my 50 GB drive partition (mount on /) was full.
              I searched to understand why (because all my big files are in /home) and I saw that PackageKit cache was taking 30 GB. I tried to find a command line to clear the PackageKit cache, but nothing worked... I ended up 'rm -r'ing the cache directory.
              That issues is resolved with https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/upda...018-55a6726164
              What happened is PackageKit with libdnf backend kept the old packages from previous releases (oldest is F23) especially when using Gnome Software.
              You can get more details on https://github.com/hughsie/PackageKi...71606e22c167f8 along with a heavy bug repots.

Comment

Good to know, thanks finalzone !

Comment

Working...
                X