Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Windows Server 2016 vs. Linux Network Benchmarks

Phoronix: Some Windows Server 2016 vs. Linux Network Benchmarks

A Phoronix Premium supporter recently requested some Windows vs. Linux networking performance benchmarks. That is being done as part of a larger comparison also featuring the popular BSDs, but for some initial measurements, here are some Netperf networking performance metrics on Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and various Linux distributions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is cool to see. Mind testing with Opensuse Leap 42.3 as it's same core as the corporate SLES12.3

Comment

What was Tumbleweed thinking in that last test? "I'm the Microsoft of the Linux world, let's mess up a test!"?

Comment

Really really interesting benchmark !!
        But too bad you didn't put CentOS 7 inside too !

Comment

This is very cool Michael. I look forward to seeing more Windows vs GNU/Linux server (and gaming) tests.

Comment

Originally posted by rubdos View Post
            What was Tumbleweed thinking in that last test? "I'm the Microsoft of the Linux world, let's mess up a test!"?
            Maybe this should be "What was Michael thinking ...?". No mention of firewall config, no mention of CPU load before/during/after the test, ...

May be just some background maintenance task, checking for updates, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanBruens View Post
              May be just some background maintenance task, checking for updates, whatever.
              And now we arrive at the real problems with Windows... these things are non-trivial to check for and/or control.

Comment

A primarily Unix tool runs better on Unix, I did not see that comin'! Thanks Mike!

Comment

aww you upset the corporate apologists theyre gonna cry now

Comment

Interesting how bad manjaro is doing in comparison to the others...

Comment

Working...
                    X