Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Landing Mesa 18.0, Enabling GLVND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjaalton View Post

The feature-freeze is in two weeks, and to get this through the proposed pocket takes time, and I'm mostly off next week, so..
    I wasn't thinking about new features, just about making everything work together.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Read your post again and notice a grand conspiracy, canonical wants you to wait or use nvidia hardware or uhbuntu. Intel kernel developers do have the same attitude, everything else is buggy than their greatest and latest hardware. Canonical mesa maintainer wrote public that I broke my system when he did broke Mesa in Debian testing. Redhat, canonical, intel and nvidia rules desktop Linux.
      *facepalm*

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
        *facepalm*
        Just a quick question: what were you expecting?

Seriously, I'm curious.

Comment

I am already providing packages for bionic in my PPA, will update once these Ubuntu changes get in.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Read your post again and notice a grand conspiracy, canonical wants you to wait or use nvidia hardware or uhbuntu. Intel kernel developers do have the same attitude, everything else is buggy than their greatest and latest hardware. Canonical mesa maintainer wrote public that I broke my system when he did broke Mesa in Debian testing. Redhat, canonical, intel and nvidia rules desktop Linux.
            GLVND is the best thing happening to Linux OpenGL in a long, looooooong time!
            STFU and be happy with it, GLVND is objectively good for you!
            Anything you have against the concept itself, not crappy implementation, is a failure of you to understand what is good for you, other people, OpenGL, open source drivers and Linux!

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              I am already providing packages for bionic in my PPA, will update once these Ubuntu changes get in.
              I updated the ubuntu bionic package, please test!

Comment

Working...
              X