Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Can Experiment With KDE 2.2.2 & Qt2 This Christmas

Phoronix: You Can Experiment With KDE 2.2.2 & Qt2 This Christmas

If you find yourself with some extra time this holiday season and want to dive into a classic codebase on your modern Linux desktop, KDE developer Helio Castro has been working on his porting skills by porting KDE 2.2.2 and Qt2 to work on modern Linux systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

fully updated, working kde3 would be a much nicer thing to see (yes, i am aware there is a fork of it)

Comment

stage.As part

Comment

Originally posted by szymon_g View Post
        fully updated, working kde3 would be a much nicer thing to see (yes, i am aware there is a fork of it)
        This. I started my Linux adventure with KDE3. It's pretty much perfect. I have lxpanel hacked up to be like KDE3 kicker (large icon launchers, next to them a two-row taskbar, followed by the systray and clock).

Maybe it'll be KDE3's turn next year...
        Last edited by Gusar; 24 December 2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Nice! Funnily enough I was thinking of trying to compile the old NCSA Mosaic source code on modern Linux this Christmas, for the fun of it. Maybe I could try this as well and build a sort of software museum here… :P

Comment

I might actually try it.
            Long time no see Kandalf, do your magic for me.

Comment

I so miss KDE 3, I started out on Linux with Suse Professional and KDE 3 then Mandrake with KDE 3 too. To me KDE has been shyte since the inception of version 4!

Comment

I guess it should be super fast and snappy on modern GHz hardware, no? ;-)

Comment

2001 Here We Come Baby!

Comment

I remember using it in Mandrake centuries ago. Gnome at that time was just a joke. I mean, even more than these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X