Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Partition Manager 3.3 Arrives With Initial LUKS2 Support

Phoronix: KDE Partition Manager 3.3 Arrives With Initial LUKS2 Support

KDE Partition Manager 3.3 was released this week as the newest version of this program for managing disk devices/partitions from the KDE desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've started using it when I noticed they added btrfs online resize support (also ext4 online grow and probably other online filesystem manipulation where possible), which is something I don't get with Gparted.

Good stuff, good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      I've started using it when I noticed they added btrfs online resize support (also ext4 online grow and probably other online filesystem manipulation where possible), which is something I don't get with Gparted.

Good stuff, good stuff.
      Strange, I think I remember adding btrfs online resize support when I noticed that GParted has it. In fact adding online resize support was basically as hard as removing checks that partition is unmounted. It's a very minor feature.

Of course KPM has other features that GParted doesn't (like LUKS/LVM) and in some places GParted is ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by stikonas View Post
        Strange, I think I remember adding btrfs online resize support when I noticed that GParted has it.
        Weird, then it was just a failure to find gparted documentation on my part + the Gparted shipped with OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 did not support that, or some other coincidence.

Just checked, on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed I can online-resize with Gparted too. Oh well.

I still like KDE partition manager more, lol.

Comment

Working...
        X