Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Partition Manager 3.3 Arrives With Initial LUKS2 Support

Phoronix: KDE Partition Manager 3.3 Arrives With Initial LUKS2 Support

KDE Partition Manager 3.3 was released this week as the newest version of this program for managing disk devices/partitions from the KDE desktop...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...on-Manager-3.3

I've started using it when I noticed they added btrfs online resize support (also ext4 online grow and probably other online filesystem manipulation where possible), which is something I don't get with Gparted.

Good stuff, good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      I've started using it when I noticed they added btrfs online resize support (also ext4 online grow and probably other online filesystem manipulation where possible), which is something I don't get with Gparted.

Good stuff, good stuff.
      Strange, I think I remember adding btrfs online resize support when I noticed that GParted has it. In fact adding online resize support was basically as hard as removing checks that partition is unmounted. It's a very minor feature.

Of course KPM has other features that GParted doesn't (like LUKS/LVM) and in some places GParted is ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by stikonas View Post
        Strange, I think I remember adding btrfs online resize support when I noticed that GParted has it.
        Weird, then it was just a failure to find gparted documentation on my part + the Gparted shipped with OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 did not support that, or some other coincidence.

Just checked, on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed I can online-resize with Gparted too. Oh well.

I still like KDE partition manager more, lol.

Comment

Working...
        X