Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Applications 17.12 Brings HiDPI Improvements, Rest Of KDE Games Ported To KF5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 17.12 Brings HiDPI Improvements, Rest Of KDE Games Ported To KF5

Phoronix: KDE Applications 17.12 Brings HiDPI Improvements, Rest Of KDE Games Ported To KF5

KDE Applications 17.12 is now available as the newest six-month update to this collection of KDE programs making use of KDE Frameworks 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish standard audio controls plasmoid in KDE would use vertical slide bars, like Kmix.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      I wish standard audio controls plasmoid in KDE would use vertical slide bars, like Kmix.
      Well, then you can't add a label next to it. We write horizontally.

Comment

Well, come on like this! I'm really happy with how Plasma 5 is evolving, which has become my favorite DE.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          have you tried using the scroll wheel on your mouse (assuming you're using one)

I suspect the choice is that when multiple app outputs on multiple devices are occurring it packs a bit denser horizontally.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Heyoka View Post

have you tried using the scroll wheel on your mouse (assuming you're using one)

I suspect the choice is that when multiple app outputs on multiple devices are occurring it packs a bit denser horizontally.
            When I read about the scroll wheel I remembered that, to this day, Windows users cannot use their mouse's wheel to up/down the volume, something so natural to Linux users. That and the copy/past of the middle click turns my Windows experience into a sad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

When I read about the scroll wheel I remembered that, to this day, Windows users cannot use their mouse's wheel to up/down the volume, something so natural to Linux users. That and the copy/past of the middle click turns my Windows experience into a sad thing.
              If I click the volume icon on my Windows 10 taskbar and put the cursor on the volume bar, mouse wheel scrolling to increase/decrease volume works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

If I click the volume icon on my Windows 10 taskbar and put the cursor on the volume bar, mouse wheel scrolling to increase/decrease volume works fine.
                You don't need to click anywhere on KDE, simply hover the mouse over volume icon and scroll with mouse wheel. Less clicks, faster result.

Comment

I'm very happy that they switched to KF5 only. The next important step will be the Plasma 5.12 for Wayland. I really hope they can close some of the annoying bugs on Wayland like automatic scaling on a 4K screen that you cannot persistently turn off, the system freeze if you logout of Plasma-Wayland or the flickering of Kmail.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                    I'm very happy that they switched to KF5 only. The next important step will be the Plasma 5.12 for Wayland. I really hope they can close some of the annoying bugs on Wayland like automatic scaling on a 4K screen that you cannot persistently turn off, the system freeze if you logout of Plasma-Wayland or the flickering of Kmail.
                    There are also issues with pointer confinement/locking behavior with games running atop of XWayland. Confinement doesn't always work, and the pointer often remains locked when it should not.
                    Once this issue is fixed, I can switch to the Wayland session

Comment

Working...
                    X