Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Applications 17.12 Brings HiDPI Improvements, Rest Of KDE Games Ported To KF5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Applications 17.12 Brings HiDPI Improvements, Rest Of KDE Games Ported To KF5

    Phoronix: KDE Applications 17.12 Brings HiDPI Improvements, Rest Of KDE Games Ported To KF5

    KDE Applications 17.12 is now available as the newest six-month update to this collection of KDE programs making use of KDE Frameworks 5...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ications-17.12

  • #2
    I wish standard audio controls plasmoid in KDE would use vertical slide bars, like Kmix.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      I wish standard audio controls plasmoid in KDE would use vertical slide bars, like Kmix.
      Well, then you can't add a label next to it. We write horizontally.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, come on like this! I'm really happy with how Plasma 5 is evolving, which has become my favorite DE.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          I wish standard audio controls plasmoid in KDE would use vertical slide bars, like Kmix.
          have you tried using the scroll wheel on your mouse (assuming you're using one)

          I suspect the choice is that when multiple app outputs on multiple devices are occurring it packs a bit denser horizontally.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Happy Heyoka View Post

            have you tried using the scroll wheel on your mouse (assuming you're using one)

            I suspect the choice is that when multiple app outputs on multiple devices are occurring it packs a bit denser horizontally.
            When I read about the scroll wheel I remembered that, to this day, Windows users cannot use their mouse's wheel to up/down the volume, something so natural to Linux users. That and the copy/past of the middle click turns my Windows experience into a sad thing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

              When I read about the scroll wheel I remembered that, to this day, Windows users cannot use their mouse's wheel to up/down the volume, something so natural to Linux users. That and the copy/past of the middle click turns my Windows experience into a sad thing.
              If I click the volume icon on my Windows 10 taskbar and put the cursor on the volume bar, mouse wheel scrolling to increase/decrease volume works fine.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

                If I click the volume icon on my Windows 10 taskbar and put the cursor on the volume bar, mouse wheel scrolling to increase/decrease volume works fine.
                You don't need to click anywhere on KDE, simply hover the mouse over volume icon and scroll with mouse wheel. Less clicks, faster result.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm very happy that they switched to KF5 only. The next important step will be the Plasma 5.12 for Wayland. I really hope they can close some of the annoying bugs on Wayland like automatic scaling on a 4K screen that you cannot persistently turn off, the system freeze if you logout of Plasma-Wayland or the flickering of Kmail.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                    I'm very happy that they switched to KF5 only. The next important step will be the Plasma 5.12 for Wayland. I really hope they can close some of the annoying bugs on Wayland like automatic scaling on a 4K screen that you cannot persistently turn off, the system freeze if you logout of Plasma-Wayland or the flickering of Kmail.
                    There are also issues with pointer confinement/locking behavior with games running atop of XWayland. Confinement doesn't always work, and the pointer often remains locked when it should not.
                    Once this issue is fixed, I can switch to the Wayland session

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X