It Looks Like VLC 3.0 Will Finally Be Released Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cypx View Post

VLC team hope to release one major by year from now.
    You can find more info (in french) and lot of announcement (like VR support or JS version)
    VR support is very interesting. I wonder if they'll be able to release a decent VR player in VLC Android version. All of the currently existing options are trash if you want to view 360 content without uploading to Youtube.

Comment

Very good and i hope it is before Ubuntu 18.04 LTS feature freeze.

Comment

Vlc daily built has hardware acceleration for my hevc files.

Comment

Holy shit they fixed the subtitle issue, if you scroll the playback bar back a few seconds the subtitle now shows immediately instead of waiting until the next line.

Comment

Originally posted by Spazturtle View Post
            Holy shit they fixed the subtitle issue, if you scroll the playback bar back a few seconds the subtitle now shows immediately instead of waiting until the next line.
            They did? It's been a while since I last watched subtitled video, so even though I regularly compile from git, I didn't notice, but yeah, that was pretty annoying back then.

Comment

VLC and Firefox are the only apps I would like to be default across all the platforms I use (Android, KDE/Gnome, Windows and OS X). I wish there were more apps that just worked everywhere without issues.

Comment

Originally posted by miabrahams View Post
                VR support is very interesting. I wonder if they'll be able to release a decent VR player in VLC Android version.
                They're using OpenHMD which does have some Android support, so they should be able to.

Comment

Guest interesting. I have the exact opposite experience than yours. Subtitles in mpv works flawlessly and I'm even able to watch double subtitled videos (one subtitle in language A on the top of the screen and the other subtitle in language B on the bottom).

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
                    VLC and Firefox are the only apps I would like to be default across all the platforms I use (Android, KDE/Gnome, Windows and OS X). I wish there were more apps that just worked everywhere without issues.
                    Same here for Linux (MATE, Cinnamon and KDE), Windows and Android.

Comment

Originally posted by nll_a
                      I'm thinking a most of you guys that prefer MPV exclusively watch non-subtitled movies, because I get terrible srt support with MPV 0.23.0, with several lines simply not showing, while VLC has always worked wonderfully here.
                      That sounds like you're using libav instead of ffmpeg. Let me guess, you're on some old version of Ubuntu? Support for subtitles in libav is lacking. Certain other stuff is also lacking in libav. While mpv works with it, the mpv devs strongly recommend using ffmpeg.

PS. Your mpv version is also old, it's at 0.27 now.

Comment

Working...
                      X