Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 3.0-RC1 Released, Direct3D 11 Enabled For Intel/AMD GPUs

Phoronix: Wine 3.0-RC1 Released, Direct3D 11 Enabled For Intel/AMD GPUs

Just as planned, the first release candidate for Wine 3.0 and it also marks the project's code/feature freeze...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Been using Wine-staging for a while. It's a bit unclear to me what happens with staging now. Has it been merged with development branch, or is staging still a separate branch? Should I change over to dev-branch?

Comment

In this wine version torchlight 1 back to work normally with GLSL

Comment

Wonder how DayZ SA will play with this..

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
          Been using Wine-staging for a while. It's a bit unclear to me what happens with staging now. Has it been merged with development branch, or is staging still a separate branch? Should I change over to dev-branch?
          I believe staging will continue to be the bleeding edge as it's been for 2.x, it will be for 3.x. Time to try playing the witness again.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
            In this wine version torchlight 1 back to work normally with GLSL

Is any reason why u use Torchlight 1 with WINE?

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post

Is any reason why u use Torchlight 1 with WINE?
              Easily because linux native version dont appear avalaible on steam and gog, torchlight native (humble bundle) have problems with SDL libraries and others

Meanwhile in wine works like a charm, only install and play as must be all games native and non native

Last edited by pinguinpc; 08 December 2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

why dx11 on amd and intel but not nvidia?

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                  why dx11 on amd and intel but not nvidia?
                  Ask Nvidia. Both Intel and AMD have open source implementation thanks to their contributions and documentations.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

Ask Nvidia. Both Intel and AMD have open source implementation thanks to their contributions and documentations.
                    I worked on nvidia for ages now, since they had opengl 4.5 compatibility profile, while Mesa (Intel & AMD) supports only core profile.

Comment

Working...
                    X