Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 3.0-RC1 Released, Direct3D 11 Enabled For Intel/AMD GPUs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wine 3.0-RC1 Released, Direct3D 11 Enabled For Intel/AMD GPUs

    Phoronix: Wine 3.0-RC1 Released, Direct3D 11 Enabled For Intel/AMD GPUs

    Just as planned, the first release candidate for Wine 3.0 and it also marks the project's code/feature freeze...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...0-RC1-Released

  • #2
    Been using Wine-staging for a while. It's a bit unclear to me what happens with staging now. Has it been merged with development branch, or is staging still a separate branch? Should I change over to dev-branch?

    Comment


    • #3
      In this wine version torchlight 1 back to work normally with GLSL



      Comment


      • #4
        Wonder how DayZ SA will play with this..
        Desktop Environment poll:
        https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...de-do-you-like

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Brisse View Post
          Been using Wine-staging for a while. It's a bit unclear to me what happens with staging now. Has it been merged with development branch, or is staging still a separate branch? Should I change over to dev-branch?
          I believe staging will continue to be the bleeding edge as it's been for 2.x, it will be for 3.x. Time to try playing the witness again.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
            In this wine version torchlight 1 back to work normally with GLSL



            Is any reason why u use Torchlight 1 with WINE?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by xpris View Post

              Is any reason why u use Torchlight 1 with WINE?
              Easily because linux native version dont appear avalaible on steam and gog, torchlight native (humble bundle) have problems with SDL libraries and others

              Meanwhile in wine works like a charm, only install and play as must be all games native and non native

              Last edited by pinguinpc; 12-08-2017, 08:29 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                why dx11 on amd and intel but not nvidia?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                  why dx11 on amd and intel but not nvidia?
                  Ask Nvidia. Both Intel and AMD have open source implementation thanks to their contributions and documentations.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by finalzone View Post

                    Ask Nvidia. Both Intel and AMD have open source implementation thanks to their contributions and documentations.
                    I worked on nvidia for ages now, since they had opengl 4.5 compatibility profile, while Mesa (Intel & AMD) supports only core profile.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X