No announcement yet.

Vivaldi Web Browser Now Available For Linux ARM / Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't see the point of this web browser, which is proprietary, and just a UI around chromium CEF.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
      I really don't see the point of this web browser
      Show me a browser that has equivalent functionality.. That's the niche Vivaldi is trying to fit in to. Power-users. Just like the old Opera Presto was.

which is proprietary
      Yeah, the UI is proprietary. However, it's just minified. All the HTML / JS / CSS is there and can be modified.

and just a UI around chromium CEF
      It's not built on top of CEF, and neither is the new Opera. Steam uses CEF, but Vivaldi and Opera use their own Chromium forks (which is basically upstream + local modifications for getting the UI running, and additional features).

Comment

Every time closed Vivaldi is mentioned but no one mentions upcoming open Opera alternative Otter-browser

Comment

Originally posted by tuuker View Post
          Every time closed Vivaldi is mentioned but no one mentions upcoming open Opera alternative Otter-browser
          Hadn't realized it was still even being developed... But I see there is a recent RC so will write about it, thanks.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Sweet!!
            Nice to know that I can Install my favorite browser on a Raspberry Pi...
            By the way it is compatible with all the chrome extensions I use...
            I use Vivaldi on both my laptop and my workstation at home, only use firefox at work because all my tabs are open here...
            I've even included it on the Windows 10 images we roll out to our users in the company I work at (Along with Chrome, Palemoon, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge) people need choices.

Comment

Working...
            X