No announcement yet.

TeamViewer 13 Now Available For Linux As A Native 64-bit Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teamviewer is great, I use it a lot when supporting my family from across the country. I would gladly even buy a license, if they didn't have the super expensive monthly subscription option, but a normal 1-time purchase. It would be even better is one could run their own proxy server for the connections bypassing the TV infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Killer View Post
      the TV infrastructure.
      In order for TV to do its thing, it needs that set up. It's also the part that concerns me the most. As you say, configurong your own infrastructure for the binary to call straight to your own TV registry would be nice. Better yet, use some like RADOUS as well to utilise a pre-existing user auth set up.

Hi

Comment

Originally posted by sunweb View Post
        Look at screenshot i've attached in a link. This is AnyDesk in my dark environment. As i say, unusable. I'm using KDE Plasma 5, what do you use for it look good?

thats weird - i agree with you, that things are not perfect with dark themes (barely readable text on dialogue-buttons mainly), your screenshot is bad. i'm using plasma 5 with breeze dark and breath GTK - what theme are you using?

regarding Teamviewer - i work a lot with it and it is mainly fine (besides the pricing) - but on Linux, requiring a root service is a no-go for me, so i privately use anydesk for family-support. Being a Wine-Port never bothered me nearly as much as the service-BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post

thats weird - i agree with you, that things are not perfect with dark themes (barely readable text on dialogue-buttons mainly), your screenshot is bad. i'm using plasma 5 with breeze dark and breath GTK - what theme are you using?

regarding Teamviewer - i work a lot with it and it is mainly fine (besides the pricing) - but on Linux, requiring a root service is a no-go for me, so i privately use anydesk for family-support. Being a Wine-Port never bothered me nearly as much as the service-BS.
          Ok, after setting up GTK2 theme to light one, Breeze, it is atleast readable, but this might encounter GTK2 programs i might use once in a while like GIMP. Thanks, atleast i can test it now. Why don't people like dark themes and why other GTK2 apps look good with Breeze-Dark but this one isn't?

EDIT.

After editing launch file like this "GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Breeze/gtk-2.0/gtkrc anydesk" it solves the problem of having other GTK2 apps to look just as white.
          Last edited by sunweb; 05 December 2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Why don't people like dark themes and why other GTK2 apps look good with Breeze-Dark but this one isn't?
            good question ^^
            It might be that GTK is not really well suited for dark themes?At least i've always found some things not quite right, be it in plasma/GTK or even while trying out gnome, cinnamon and other GTK-DEs. With Plasma/QT i've never had theming-inconsistencys

Comment

Ok, after setting up GTK2 theme to light one, Breeze, it is atleast readable, but this might encounter GTK2 programs i might use once in a while like GIMP. Thanks, atleast i can test it now. Why don't people like dark themes and why other GTK2 apps look good with Breeze-Dark but this one isn't?

EDIT.

After editing launch file like this "GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Breeze/gtk-2.0/gtkrc anydesk" it solves the problem of having other GTK2 apps to look just as white.
              I like dark themes, use them about half the time. KDE and Gnome3 dark themes don't give me any such problems. Looks like it's a gtk2 issue based on your fix?

Comment

GIMP 2.8 uses GTK2 and works with Breeze-Dark just fine under Plasma 5 so maybe its AnyDesk problem. Maybe they have something like VCL(LibreOffice), this could add bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brophen View Post
                  Teamviewer is great, I wish it wasn't so expensive for business use
                  ScreenConnect more useful since it actually supports Linux. Client uses java applet, so IcedTea must be installed.

Comment

Teamviewer is becoming better and better. A noob like me loves the fact that it is also very easy to use and help family.

Comment

Is there a way to run it in Portable mode?
                      namely it won't be integrated to the system and works only when launched manually.

Comment

Working...
                      X