Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamViewer 13 Now Available For Linux As A Native 64-bit Port

Phoronix: TeamViewer 13 Now Available For Linux As A Native 64-bit Port

The latest version of the TeamViewer remote control / desktop sharing / web conferencing software is now available for Linux with a number of improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Besides the iOS sceen sharing with remote support,

Comment

Teamviewer is great, I wish it wasn't so expensive for business use

Comment

Splashtop is a nice alternative for Business if your remote needs are simple.

Comment

I am happy to see initial wayland support and hoping for full support soon

Comment

This will be interesting. I can see some use for this when trolling with MS/Windows scammers. Somehow I doubt their knowledge about Linux is particularly great

Comment

Teamviewer has not a really great security history

A proof of concept injectable C++ dll, that uses naked inline hooking and direct memory modification to change your TeamViewer permissions. - gellin/TeamViewer_Permissions_Hook_V1

Comment

Originally posted by audi.rs4 View Post
                Splashtop is a nice alternative for Business if your remote needs are simple.
                Looks nice, looking into it, thanks! I've been looking for FOSS alternatives not because we are cheap but because pricing schemes for Remote Support is really weird. Also very embarrassing to hit some sort of arbitrary limitation you didn't know about.

However, I haven't found FOSS remote assistance software that is anywhere as easy to use as Teamviewer and co

Comment

The idea is that the compositor provides these interfaces, which could mean that TeamViewer would have to implement different interfaces for every desktop environment we want to support. This is unfortunate, but it's even more unsatisfying that these interfaces are not available yet.
                  But Wayland is better than XOrg by leaps and bounds! How come TeamViewer have to write for Gnome, KDE, plus 10 different Wayland compositors? Each one will implement things differently and there are barely any standards for things like this.

Unless Freedesktop or whomever comes up with some standard layer that the different compositors can rely upon, this would only lead to more fragmentation in Linux ecosystem _yet_ again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post

But Wayland is better than XOrg by leaps and bounds! How come TeamViewer have to write for Gnome, KDE, plus 10 different Wayland compositors? Each one will implement things differently and there are barely any standards for things like this.

Unless Freedesktop or whomever comes up with some standard layer that the different compositors can rely upon, this would only lead to more fragmentation in Linux ecosystem _yet_ again.
                    Isn't there KMS screen grabbing?
                    Anzwix, Open-source Git tracker, Linux news, open-source news, open-source hardware news, Linux performance, Linux desktop news

Comment

Working...
                    X