TeamViewer 13 Now Available For Linux As A Native 64-bit Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Royi View Post
    Is there a way to run it in Portable mode?
    namely it won't be integrated to the system and works only when launched manually.
    Out of the box, when you install it, this is how it works. It only runs when launched, unless you enable it to start upon startup.
    They also have a QuickSupport launcher, which doesn't require installing, but that only gives you the ability to have someone connect into your machine. It can't connect to other machines.

Comment

Originally posted by audi.rs4 View Post

Out of the box, when you install it, this is how it works. It only runs when launched, unless you enable it to start upon startup.
      They also have a QuickSupport launcher, which doesn't require installing, but that only gives you the ability to have someone connect into your machine. It can't connect to other machines.
      You mean it won't use user folder for settings, etc?
      I really want a portable application experience which means it doesn't add any background process or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Royi View Post

You mean it won't use user folder for settings, etc?
        I really want a portable application experience which means it doesn't add any background process or anything like that.
        If you install it, it will of course store some initial data in the user directory. By default though, it won't run (have any background processes) until you run it. Once you close it, it will no longer be running. It does have a system tray icon as well, so it may only close to tray, so to end completely requires exiting from the system tray.

Comment

I see.
          is there a version one could use without installation process?
          Just like opening a ZIP in Windows to any folder and working from there?

Comment

The downloadble file is a portable version. It ALSO allows you to install if you like, but you simply use the 'run' option when executing it.

Personally, I've moved on to AnyDesk. It's more lean for me, runs better and easier names to remember such as nameofdevice-123@ad
            Hi

Comment

What would be the difference between the TAR and DEB?

Comment

Sorry, I was thinking of the Windows binary, not the linux version. I've stopped using TeamViewer and went to AnyDesk.
                Hi

Comment

AnyDesk offers rpm for Fedora that is EOL? Hmm not a good start...

Does Fedora 24 rpm work for newer Fedoras currently Fedora 26 to 28?

Comment

I dont know anyone using RPM based installs. All debian here.
                    Hi

Comment

It's possible or certain that teamviewer is not the best but it seems dependable, works easily (its home page has warnings about scams, which is funny and informative).
                      I'll compare it to Virtualbox and vlc in this way - these latter two have worked everywhere for over a decade.

Comment

Working...
                      X