Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Goals For The Next 3~4 Years

Phoronix: KDE's Goals For The Next 3~4 Years

Since this year's KDE Akademy conference, KDE developers have been plotting their vision for the next few years and recently wrapped up voting on what should be their three main goals to focus on over the next few years...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very good goals KDE! Better user experience and privacy are very important.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
      Very good goals KDE! Better user experience and privacy are very important.
      Bullshit! Which Desktop Environment hasn't these goals? Is KDE is the only one who want to do better user experience, and is it alone in DE world with "privacy is important" slogan?

Comment

> Which Desktop Environment hasn't these goals?

Windows, MacOS, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
          > Which Desktop Environment hasn't these goals?

Windows, MacOS, etc.
          On paper they have those goals too.

Emphasis on the "on paper" part.

Comment

Originally posted by ipsirc View Post

Bullshit! Which Desktop Environment hasn't these goals? Is KDE is the only one who want to do better user experience, and is it alone in DE world with "privacy is important" slogan?
            Hey, none, but I think this is more about prioritizing. Out of 100s of goals they have in common with other DEs, these three were picked to try to work on more than others.

Comment

Streamlining/improving the onboarding for new contributors is good to hear. Wasn't fun to want to contribute to when I looked into it, too much friction. Bugzilla is horrible and the code and another section for each project all lived at different locations with no links between them. Phabricator is slightly better, something like GitLab would have been nice since they're strongly against Github(beyond using it as a mirror, no issues/PRs iirc).

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
                Streamlining/improving the onboarding for new contributors is good to hear. Wasn't fun to want to contribute to when I looked into it, too much friction. Bugzilla is horrible and the code and another section for each project all lived at different locations with no links between them. Phabricator is slightly better, something like GitLab would have been nice since they're strongly against Github(beyond using it as a mirror, no issues/PRs iirc).
                That's rather interesting, I hope they smooth this out

Comment

kde 4 had a wacom control panel kde 5 still no wacom control panel so i switched to gnome.

Comment

Haven't used KDE since plasma. The frequent crashes weren't worth it. I wonder how is it now?

Comment

Working...
                    X