MuQSS Scheduler Updated For Linux 4.14, Experimental SMT Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MuQSS Scheduler Updated For Linux 4.14, Experimental SMT Improvements

Phoronix: MuQSS Scheduler Updated For Linux 4.14, Experimental SMT Improvements

This week Con Kolivas updated his MuQSS scheduler patch-set for the Linux 4.14 kernel. This is the scheduler that was born out of his earlier work on BFS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, another round os io schedulers is heading over way by any chance? blk-bfq had some improvements i think last i read here( but i could just as easily be wrong)

Comment

I can't get over what a foolish idea it is to spell it MuQSS if you don't want it pronounced "mucus".

That doubled "S" really strengthens the impression that the last syllable is supposed to be "kus" rather than "ks"... especially when paired with using "Mu" instead of "M".

...sort of like how it's Robert Louis Stephenson's own fault that everyone pronounces it "Dr. Jeh-kul and Mr. Hyde" rather than "Dr. Jee-kul and Mr. Hyde". If you want an "ee" sound, spell it "ee" like "cheek" or "æ" like the old British spellings for "encyclopaedia", "paediatrics", and "paedophile" and the even-in-the-USA preferred spelling of "archaeology".

Comment

Firstly, its his baby so he can name it whatever he likes. Secondly, and I may be a bit biased here as I'm a fellow countryman of Con's, but I picked up on the humourousnessness of the abbreviation almost immediately.

And while the idiocy of US spelling is taking over the country (no thanks to MS making it increasingly difficult to install your own native language), the medicos still use 'tradtional' latin/English; mucous. Myoo-kuss, with a short u is how its pronounced down here.

Enjoy.
        Hi

Comment

Working...
        X