Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flyflytn
    replied
    Not a criticism, just a wish. I wish that Calc could handle a lot more than 1024 columns and more rows than it currently does. I always have to ask a work colleague to use excel on my behalf to modify some massive sheets we have. I believe this is not an easy thing to change, sounds like Calc has fundamental design decisions that make this impossible without a major refactor. I also wish I had the time to help Calc.

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    I'm with you on Thunderbird, but I don't think that an email client belongs in an office suite.
    MS bundles Outlook with their Office for the sake of vendorlocking, not because it would make sense.
    See this post here (not mine) https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-OpenO...ent-to-Outlook
    Also, nowadays webmail is very common, as you can connect to the internet through anything at speeds sufficient to read/send email.
    I use Outlook for work, and i absolutely love it!
    Don't get me wrong, i believe M$ is the spawn of Satan. But they do, occasionally, make good products... Outlook is one of them.
    I'd never EVER start using it, if it wasn't for work purposes. But now that i do, i can't live without it.
    And, sadly, no other email client comes even near Outlook, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• deant
    replied
    Originally posted by nll_a

Ok, so this is Firefox: https://anonimage.net/image/WLUayFnTn
    And this is Writer: https://anonimage.net/image/8etvHX7Fj9

I also got no keyboard shortcuts with writer (e.g. alt+home). I'm using LibreOffice 5.2.7.2 on Debian 9.2. But Genstorm is probably right that the problem is on the Debian maintainers not building LibreOffice with kdelibs4-support.
    I think there is an option in libreoffice prefences in which you can choose internal (ugly) filebrowser, or external (GTK3 [if present] gnome) file browser. The first one is even available on the windows port. I think it is intended to be a fallback if you use some very *light* desktop which dont have any file browser inside.
    Last edited by deant; 27 November 2017, 06:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dkasak
    replied

You said it! LibreOffice's file dialogs are so terribly ugly on Plasma 5.8 they gave me nightmares.
    Works for me. Screenshot?

Leave a comment:

• deant
    replied
    Long time Libreoffice Draw user user. I will be happy if they fix the bugs in there that are standing for years!

Leave a comment:

• lucrus
    replied
    I'm with you on Thunderbird, but I don't think that an email client belongs in an office suite.

MS bundles Outlook with their Office for the sake of vendorlocking, not because it would make sense.
    LibreOffice bundles Base, which does not make sense of its own either, let alone integration with the rest of the suite. Looking at users, the same users that use office automation apps do use email. How many of them use a database, and, among the few, how many do find Base useful?

Moreover, attaching a PDF file to email messages does make a lot of sense. Creating that PDF with one of the LibreOffice programs is common practice. I know, it's possible anyway, but it could become more handy.

Mail merge made easy could be another option, taking addresses directly from the email contacts in the email client.

Also, nowadays webmail is very common, as you can connect to the internet through anything at speeds sufficient to read/send email.
    Webmail clients aren't any better than Thunderbird, Roundcube likely being the best one, which speaks for itself. Anyway, unless you go 100% cloud, webmail won't cut it except as last resort.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by lucrus View Post
    Libreoffice lacks a (modern) email client. I'm totally fed up with Thunderbird, but I'm afraid it's still the lesser evil out there.

See this post here (not mine) https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-OpenO...ent-to-Outlook

Leave a comment:

• lucrus
    replied
    Libreoffice lacks a (modern) email client. I'm totally fed up with Thunderbird, but I'm afraid it's still the lesser evil out there.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Kendji View Post
    It won't revolutionize office work.
    no duh, I don't think anyone was expecting this.

Leave a comment:

• genstorm
    replied
    You said it! LibreOffice's file dialogs are so terribly ugly on Plasma 5.8 they gave me nightmares.
    They are just fine. If they aren't, it means that your distribution has built LibreOffice without kdelibs4-support, which still exists and properly integrates with Plasma-5.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X