Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 6.0 Beta Available - Huge Open-Source Office Suite Update For 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LibreOffice 6.0 Beta Available - Huge Open-Source Office Suite Update For 2018

    Phoronix: LibreOffice 6.0 Beta Available - Huge Open-Source Office Suite Update For 2018

    Today the branching of LibreOffice 6.0 from Git master took place as well as tagging the first beta...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ffice-6.0-Beta

  • #2
    Typos:

    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    (extra hyphen?)

    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    just ahead of CHristmas, a hard code freeze

    Comment


    • #3
      The new Qt5 plugin sounds amazing! Maybe it looks then fine on a 4k screen and a native file dialog would be great too in KDE!

      Comment


      • #4
        Are there also any new "serious work" features, in addition to the new eye candy?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dwagner View Post
          Are there also any new "serious work" features, in addition to the new eye candy?
          Multi threaded calc sounds pretty serious.

          Comment


          • #6
            Spellcheck improvements might be good for Michael. ^ _ ^

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
              The new Qt5 plugin sounds amazing! Maybe it looks then fine on a 4k screen and a native file dialog would be great too in KDE!
              You said it! LibreOffice's file dialogs are so terribly ugly on Plasma 5.8 they gave me nightmares.

              Comment


              • #8
                This is a really exciting release, though not as big of a deal as many flag it to be, imo. It won't revolutionize office work. It's a big update for sure and I will benefit from it.
                Desktop Environment poll:
                https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...de-do-you-like

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nll_a View Post
                  You said it! LibreOffice's file dialogs are so terribly ugly on Plasma 5.8 they gave me nightmares.
                  They are just fine. If they aren't, it means that your distribution has built LibreOffice without kdelibs4-support, which still exists and properly integrates with Plasma-5.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kendji View Post
                    It won't revolutionize office work.
                    no duh, I don't think anyone was expecting this.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X