KDE Applications 17.12 Sees Some New KF5 Ports, Other Apps Dropped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    I have yet to find a desktop music player that does not constantly forces me to manage the playing queue.
    Lollypop and GNOME Music. But I don't any that doesn't constantly force one to mange the playing queue for KDE.

Comment

quod libet is one "automatic" music player I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by grok View Post
        Weird to see IM dropped? if KDE is a do-it-all desktop. Windows XP came with an IM client.
        Kopete is open-source, someone with the C++ and Qt coding skills could probably port to KF5.
        Even though it was dropped, I would imagine that if someone were to step up and port to KF5, they would bring it back to official KDE Applications releases.

Comment

Originally posted by grok View Post
          Weird to see IM dropped? if KDE is a do-it-all desktop. Windows XP came with an IM client.
          Kopete was already obsolete, the new IM plasmoid is based on Telepathy. So IM was not dropped, it just completed the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post

Kopete was already obsolete, the new IM plasmoid is based on Telepathy. So IM was not dropped, it just completed the transition.
            The telepathy KDE client is being dropped, too, since Telepathy is essentially unmaintained upstream and apparently a nightmare to work with.

Comment

Working...
            X