KDE Applications 17.12 Sees Some New KF5 Ports, Other Apps Dropped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    How's Juk? I've tried a lot, and still haven't found a qt music app that I really like. I need something basic that doesn't eat cpu resources when idle.
    I like the Babe music player, it has a nice and simple interface.

Comment

i assume Amarok got the chop to?

Comment

KAccessible dropped? OK, that's weird. I remember some blog posts a while back where they said improving the desktop for visually impaired people was important.

Comment

No, Amarok wasn't dropped. It just never was part of KDE Applications. It is in extragear, has its own release schedule.

And KAccessible is dropped, because accessibility is now integrated in Qt5.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike29 View Post

I think you are confusing Kopete with K3B
            Indeed - it's been a while

Comment

Weird to see IM dropped? if KDE is a do-it-all desktop. Windows XP came with an IM client.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
                How's Juk? I've tried a lot, and still haven't found a qt music app that I really like. I need something basic that doesn't eat cpu resources when idle.
                Juk is basically a clone of iTunes from before there was an iTunes Music Store. I love it. The worst thing about it is the crappy database storage format. Every so often it needs to scan the library all over again (how bearable that is depends on the number of files and hard disk drive technology (SSD?).

I have yet to find a desktop music player that does not constantly forces me to manage the playing queue.

Comment

I am worry about KPPP more.

Comment

Originally posted by stalkerg View Post
                    I am worry about KPPP more.
                    Note that even dropped applications can still be used. 17.08.3 version should work. Some of these dropped applications have not been touched in a while, so 17.12 would have been identical to 17.08 anyway.

Also dropped application can always rejoin if they are ported to KF5.

Comment

Originally posted by grok View Post
                      Weird to see IM dropped? if KDE is a do-it-all desktop. Windows XP came with an IM client.
                      There are still people out there using IM, but not so much anymore as everyone is moving to mobile communication (SMS, WhatsApp, etc.), social media communication (Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.) and video calling (Skype, WhatsApp video calling, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                      X