KDE Applications 17.12 Sees Some New KF5 Ports, Other Apps Dropped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 17.12 Sees Some New KF5 Ports, Other Apps Dropped

Phoronix: KDE Applications 17.12 Sees Some New KF5 Ports, Other Apps Dropped

The beta of KDE Applications 17.12 is now available ahead of next month's official debut for this quarterly update to the collection of official KDE programs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's a shame to see Kopete disappear, but I don't think I've had a laptop with a CD/DVD/Bluray drive for about 5 years

Comment

KImageMapEditor?!? Are html image maps even still a thing? Haven't seen one of those since the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        It's a shame to see Kopete disappear, but I don't think I've had a laptop with a CD/DVD/Bluray drive for about 5 years
        I think you are confusing Kopete with K3B

Comment

Finally the switch. To leave some applications behind is absolutely fine and most of them can be replaced anyway :-) I think this is overdue to get rid of some old cruft like Qt4. On my computers I did this already more then one year ago.

Comment

Well, KGet especially needs some testing. It was almost cut off from 17.12.

Comment

How's Juk? I've tried a lot, and still haven't found a qt music app that I really like. I need something basic that doesn't eat cpu resources when idle.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
                How's Juk? I've tried a lot, and still haven't found a qt music app that I really like. I need something basic that doesn't eat cpu resources when idle.
                I believe Juk should be fine. It was completely ported away from KDELibs4Support, warnings fixed. Definitely more work was done on Juk than on KGet.

Comment

Originally posted by stikonas View Post
                  Well, KGet especially needs some testing. It was almost cut off from 17.12.
                  I'm not yet off the KDE 4.x release included with Kbuntu 14.04 LTS but it's likely I'll be testing KGet when I do upgrade, given that WebExtensions explicitly doesn't intend to support APIs necessary to reinvent DownThemAll.
                  Last edited by ssokolow; 13 December 2017, 02:23 PM.

Comment

It's sad that kde-telepathy basically died.

Comment

Working...
                    X