Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Applications 17.12 Sees Some New KF5 Ports, Other Apps Dropped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Applications 17.12 Sees Some New KF5 Ports, Other Apps Dropped

    Phoronix: KDE Applications 17.12 Sees Some New KF5 Ports, Other Apps Dropped

    The beta of KDE Applications 17.12 is now available ahead of next month's official debut for this quarterly update to the collection of official KDE programs...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ons-17.12-Beta

  • #2
    It's a shame to see Kopete disappear, but I don't think I've had a laptop with a CD/DVD/Bluray drive for about 5 years

    Comment


    • #3
      KImageMapEditor?!? Are html image maps even still a thing? Haven't seen one of those since the 90s.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        It's a shame to see Kopete disappear, but I don't think I've had a laptop with a CD/DVD/Bluray drive for about 5 years
        I think you are confusing Kopete with K3B

        Comment


        • #5
          Finally the switch. To leave some applications behind is absolutely fine and most of them can be replaced anyway :-) I think this is overdue to get rid of some old cruft like Qt4. On my computers I did this already more then one year ago.

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, KGet especially needs some testing. It was almost cut off from 17.12.

            Comment


            • #7
              How's Juk? I've tried a lot, and still haven't found a qt music app that I really like. I need something basic that doesn't eat cpu resources when idle.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
                How's Juk? I've tried a lot, and still haven't found a qt music app that I really like. I need something basic that doesn't eat cpu resources when idle.
                I believe Juk should be fine. It was completely ported away from KDELibs4Support, warnings fixed. Definitely more work was done on Juk than on KGet.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by stikonas View Post
                  Well, KGet especially needs some testing. It was almost cut off from 17.12.
                  I'm not yet off the KDE 4.x release included with Kbuntu 14.04 LTS but it's likely I'll be testing KGet when I do upgrade, given that WebExtensions explicitly doesn't intend to support APIs necessary to reinvent DownThemAll.
                  Last edited by ssokolow; 12-13-2017, 02:23 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's sad that kde-telepathy basically died.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X