Mozilla Still Isn't Ready To Enable OpenGL By Default In Firefox For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by treba View Post
    Well how about webrenderer? Will it actually have a software renderer at all? Maybe it's better to focus all attention on that one.
    i believe that will be enabled around firefox60

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      On the Chromium side, you need to manually set "Override software rendering list". Otherwise no GPU goodness for you.

This situation is why I do not blindly defend Firefox or Chromium on the browser debates. Both treat Linux users like second class citizens.
      Well.. Linux users only make up for few percent of the desktop market share so.. ?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        It won't drop it. Title bar as well as window decorations, are drawn by your compositor, such as KWin. It should not be controlled by the application. If you want to remove it, you should be able to set no decorations in the window settings of your compositor already.
        But Chrome does it. Is not set by default, but you can choose it by right clicking the title bar.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Well.. Linux users only make up for few percent of the desktop market share so.. ?
          Nearly the same as macOS, so?

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post

Nearly the same as macOS, so?

13% vs 1.6%

Comment

What if it crashes or is corrupted on radeon 4000 series on fglrx on Ubuntu 14.04? on geforce 6/7 on nouveau on debian wheezy, on maxwell on late 2016 nouveau etc.
              There's a huge test coverage needed. It's not just high quality DirectX on three Windows versions, or even supporting your Intel Haswell laptop.

Perhaps wait for 14.04 and jessie to be EOL, and even then they might have to blacklist or whitelist things.
              Or in some cases the OpenGL middleman will slow things down.
              Why not enable it on Wayland.
              Last edited by grok; 16 November 2017, 08:37 PM.

Comment

But Chrome does it. Is not set by default, but you can choose it by right clicking the title bar.
                Even in KDE? I suspect it can only do it in DE with client side decorations.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Even in KDE? I suspect it can only do it in DE with client side decorations.
                  Yep, I'm using Chromium on Kubuntu 17.10 right now to type this.

Comment

Yep, I'm using Chromium on Kubuntu 17.10 right now to type this.
                    Can you post a screenshot please?

Comment

I'm not sure but OMTC is maybe deprecated since Quantum Project

Comment

Working...
                      X