GNOME 3.27.2 Released: More Meson Porting, Nautilus Starring Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.27.2 Released: More Meson Porting, Nautilus Starring Files

Phoronix: GNOME 3.27.2 Released: More Meson Porting, Nautilus Starring Files

GNOME 3.27.2 is now available as the second development release in the road to next March's GNOME 3.28 desktop stable update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great. Nautilus now have stars to give to files for their good behavior. But a useful thing like dual panels, that was a useful resource that was removed, because the code was "below the maintainer standards", we cannot have.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      Great. Nautilus now have stars to give to files for their good behavior. But a useful thing like dual panels, that was a useful resource that was removed, because the code was "below the maintainer standards", we cannot have.
      One wonders why they did not just bring back setting emblems. That code is already there it just need a UI to actually set it. Love to hear what the usecase for this favorite thing is.

Comment

Typo?:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        while the GNOME 3.8 beta period

Comment

I would hope to see gnome-shell-extension-tool output ES6 classes.

Comment

Are these kind of updates getting into ubuntu 17.10 anyone knows?

Comment

I don't know about you but listing Ports of apps to Meson buiild environment are not features of said apps.

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post
                Are these kind of updates getting into ubuntu 17.10 anyone knows?
                No, 3.17 is the unstable serie. Next stable will be 3.18 but that won't be on Ubuntu 17.10

Comment

Originally posted by kenjo View Post

One wonders why they did not just bring back setting emblems. That code is already there it just need a UI to actually set it. Love to hear what the usecase for this favorite thing is.
                  There is no usecase, it just seems to be as I stated in another thread already: Gnome's UX-"Designers" have seen on the web that having the baility to like or rate stuff is a buzz, so it has to be implemented somewhere in Gnome, without thinking about its usefulness.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

There is no usecase, it just seems to be as I stated in another thread already: Gnome's UX-"Designers" have seen on the web that having the baility to like or rate stuff is a buzz, so it has to be implemented somewhere in Gnome, without thinking about its usefulness.
                    I can bookmark files in Xfe as well, for years now, actually. And Xfe is a traditional file manager. So tell me again it has something to do with GNOME implementing web-like features?

Comment

Working...
                    X