Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.27.1 Released

Phoronix: GNOME 3.27.1 Released

GNOME 3.27.1 is out as the first development milestone in the road to next March's GNOME 3.28 desktop update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unfortunately not every application have merged to dconf.
    Some software such as Atom, VS Code, Skype and Spotify still rely on the old legacy gconf2.
    What they all have in common is Electron, so I think Electron is the culprit here which rely on old stuff.

Electron relies on old gconf2 and GTK2.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Some software such as Atom, VS Code, Skype and Spotify still rely on the old legacy gconf2.
      What they all have in common is Electron, so I think Electron is the culprit here which rely on old stuff.

Electron relies on old gconf2 and GTK2.
      At least the GTK2 part is about to change: https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/2927

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I believe it only uses GConf to look up proxy information, so the migration isn't necessarily to DConf but to use other solutions to lookup the proxy information (maybe GLib's GProxy or such).

Comment

Working...
        X