Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfce Gets Notification Improvements With xfce4-notifyd 0.4

Phoronix: Xfce Gets Notification Improvements With xfce4-notifyd 0.4

For users of the Xfce4 desktop environment, a new release of xfce4-notifyd 0.4 is now available as the project's newest feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great ! I switched to mate-notification-daemon a few days ago to have a simple but nice notification system... Hmmm. I think I'll switch again. Do not disturb is a great feature !

Comment

That looks really handy. A drop down list of notifications. Notifications of the newer plasma 5 stack up in a way that makes me angry, and you can't change how long they are displayed. It was one reason I moved away form kde. Don't get me wrong I still like kde. Xfce is less annoying though.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRT View Post
        Notifications of the newer plasma 5 stack up in a way that makes me angry, and you can't change how long they are displayed.
        Have you tried Plasma 5.11 yet?

Comment

I have found Xfce with kwin is really great, It just outclasses xfwm4 and makes for a solid desktop. I think they should have gone the Qt5 route instead of GTK3.

Comment

debianxfce will be pleased.

Comment

Is XFCE still alive? :O

Comment

Working...
              X