KDE Frameworks 5.39 Brings KWayland, Kirigami Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adarion View Post

I don't know but there was word about better KDE/KF integration at the recent LibreOffice conference in Rome.
    I tried, but still something seems to be missing.

$ GDK_BACKEND=wayland soffice

(soffice:6313): Gdk-WARNING **: Wayland compositor does not support xdg_shell interface, not using Wayland display

(soffice:6313): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_destroy: assertion 'hash_table != NULL' failed
    /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin X11 error: Can't open display:
    Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option
    or check permissions of your X-Server
    (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post

I don't know but there was word about better KDE/KF integration at the recent LibreOffice conference in Rome.
      We can read information about it:
      LibreOffice in Plasma 5
      This week the annual LibreOffice conference was held in Rome and I had the pleasure to attend.The city of Rome is migrating their IT infrastructure to open s...

Comment

Originally posted by eggbert View Post
        Clearly the user is at fault here. The user is apparently too stupid to realize you can turn those tool bars off... I'd rather have those options if I needed them, rather than not have them at all.
        We have a winner here, folks!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          The inspiration for KDE.
          Wrong thread, those screenshots are used to troll in threads where people discuss Ribbons vs Toolbars.

Comment

Originally posted by eggbert View Post
            Clearly the user is at fault here. The user is apparently too stupid to realize you can turn those tool bars off... I'd rather have those options if I needed them, rather than not have them at all.
            For the record, to end with so much toolbars you must enable them. They are also compressed to half the horizontal screen size because the window has been resized (i.e. on an actual screen they would take only half of the space.

My trolling experience also tells me that these images (or similar ones) were used in threads about Ribbons vs Toolbars, back then when there was the switch, to "show" how much space the Ribbon would "save".

Comment

Originally posted by awesz View Post

Wish Calligra received more attention. I love its sidebar.
              Not just that, but the all tech bellow is great!

Far better than even LibreOffice's. It's sad that it misses so many features when compared to LibreOffice. As a result of their lack of developers...

If Calligra had the same amount of developers, it would be unbeatable!!!

Comment

The inspiration for KDE.

can you post any kde software who have this kind of issue?

Comment

Originally posted by marccollin View Post

can you post any kde software who have this kind of issue?
                  All of them. But it is not only excessive toolbars, its also menus, context menus, etc. It is just too overwhelming.

Comment

All of them. But it is not only excessive toolbars, its also menus, context menus, etc. It is just too overwhelming.
                    So you say, but you haven't actually posted anything.

Comment

I'm invoking the internet rule "Pics or GTFO" on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X