Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Frameworks 5.39 Brings KWayland, Kirigami Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Frameworks 5.39 Brings KWayland, Kirigami Updates

    Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5.39 Brings KWayland, Kirigami Updates

    KDE Frameworks 5.39.0 was released this weekend as the latest complementary add-ons/libraries to Qt...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...rameworks-5.39

  • #2
    The inspiration for KDE.



    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      The inspiration for KDE.



      Clearly you've not seen Caligra Words - it's too far the other way

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        The inspiration for KDE.
        Way to troll a KDE thread...
        Oh, and, of course, the inspiration for GNOME is to take all of the options and hide them in dconf, because the devs think that their users are too stupid to handle options and shouldn't worry their pretty little heads about them. (I was going to search for a screenshot of Windows Regedit. Then I thought, "Nah. Screw it.")

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

          Clearly you've not seen Caligra Words - it's too far the other way
          Wish Calligra received more attention. I love its sidebar.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DanL View Post

            Way to troll a KDE thread...
            Oh, and, of course, the inspiration for GNOME is to take all of the options and hide them in dconf, because the devs think that their users are too stupid to handle options and shouldn't worry their pretty little heads about them. (I was going to search for a screenshot of Windows Regedit. Then I thought, "Nah. Screw it.")
            You're wrong!!! It totally worth's the 2 minutes!!! LOLOL

            Comment


            • #7
              With XDG protocol version 6 support, does this mean that LibreOffice will run now on Wayland in Plasma natively? Last time I tried, it didn't work.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                With XDG protocol version 6 support, does this mean that LibreOffice will run now on Wayland in Plasma natively? Last time I tried, it didn't work.
                I don't know but there was word about better KDE/KF integration at the recent LibreOffice conference in Rome.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  The inspiration for KDE.
                  You mean a wildly successful product?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    The inspiration for KDE.



                    Clearly the user is at fault here. The user is apparently too stupid to realize you can turn those tool bars off... I'd rather have those options if I needed them, rather than not have them at all.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X