KDE Plasma 5.11 Officially Released With Vault, Better Wayland & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.11 Officially Released With Vault, Better Wayland & More

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.11 Officially Released With Vault, Better Wayland & More

The KDE developers have today announced the stable release of Plasma 5.11 as their autumn feature update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Next is 5.12

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post
      Next is 5.12
      Yep typo thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I like their videos for each release. Beats the crap out of any release notes
        And once again, Kubuntu manages to release with an old version (5.10.5).

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          I like their videos for each release. Beats the crap out of any release notes
          Yet, GNOME release videos are better IMHO.

Not trying to start a flame war, just a humble opinion.

Comment

Kubuntu has always been garbage.

Comment

Wow that looks so confusing and terrible. What a shitty UX.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Wow that looks so confusing and terrible. What a shitty UX.
                Mind elaborating? It hardly looks any different from before... I understand GNOME is pretty basic, but KDE has been becoming less confusing after every release.

Also note that everyone was whining how "confusing and terrible" GNOME was when it first released, but once people set aside their petty complaints about not liking how different it was, people grew to like it. Though I personally don't use GNOME, I do feel it is a very well-made environment. What I'm getting at is just because you can't handle how different something is, that doesn't make it shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by AnassAhmed View Post

Yet, GNOME release videos are better IMHO.

Not trying to start a flame war, just a humble opinion.
                  I wouldn't know, I've never been comfortable with Gnome.

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  Mind elaborating? It hardly looks any different from before... I understand GNOME is pretty basic, but KDE has been becoming less confusing after every release.

Also note that everyone was whining how "confusing and terrible" GNOME was when it first released, but once people set aside their petty complaints about not liking how different it was, people grew to like it. Though I personally don't use GNOME, I do feel it is a very well-made environment. What I'm getting at is just because you can't handle how different something is, that doesn't make it shitty.
                  Does it surprise you Gnome fans find configurable stuff confusing? The only thing mildly surprising is their need to share that with us in like every KDE thread.

Comment

I wouldn't know, I've never been comfortable with Gnome.
                    I'm talking about the video quality not the DE itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X