Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDDM 0.16 Released - The Simple Desktop Display Manager

Phoronix: SDDM 0.16 Released - The Simple Desktop Display Manager

SDDM 0.16 is now available as the latest feature release of the Simple Desktop Display Manager, commonly used by some KDE-based Linux desktops for log-in management needs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

After we had to wait for the 0.15 release one year, 0.16 arrived quite fast, as promised ☺️ Seems like they are back on track to enhance SDDM! And I hope it runs soon natively on Wayland!

Comment

https://github.com/sddm/sddm/pull/616 is still unresolved and apparently not being worked on at all.

Comment

But it seems the main Wayland developer of SDDM is back, so maybe we see some activity again ☺️

Comment

What about localized time format? How to change to 24-hour format. Is there opened bug already?

Comment

I'm still getting corrupted avatars sometimes, anyone else have this issue?

Comment

Is it able to run without X?
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Since it's not in the changelogs, apparently not. And it will still run xorg as root.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  Is it able to run without X?
                  No: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...933#post981933

Comment

Working...
                  X