Qt 5.9.2 Released With Bug Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
    Probably just the draft of the release blog entry published by accident.
    This ↑ must be true. :-) No tags, no announce in the development mail list.

Comment

Seems that downloads are there now:

Comment

Finally, there we have it:

Article: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/06/qt-5-9-2-released/
        Downloads: https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.9/

Comment

Unfortunately Kubuntu still uses 5.71. There's a 5.9.1 in there, but marked as "proposed" (whatever that means).

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Unfortunately Kubuntu still uses 5.71. There's a 5.9.1 in there, but marked as "proposed" (whatever that means).
            I never use whatever version comes with my distribution by default. Just download their online installer and choose which version to install locally in your $HOME. It will automatically bind to the GCC that comes with your system and you can also add your custom builds of GCC and CLANG via Qt Creator. The most updated installer is the "qt-unified-linux-x64-3.0.1-online.run" ( via https://download.qt.io/archive/online_installers/3.0/ ).

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post

I never use whatever version comes with my distribution by default. Just download their online installer and choose which version to install locally in your $HOME. It will automatically bind to the GCC that comes with your system and you can also add your custom builds of GCC and CLANG via Qt Creator. The most updated installer is the "qt-unified-linux-x64-3.0.1-online.run" ( via https://download.qt.io/archive/online_installers/3.0/ ).
              I only do that as last resort, because it means you lose automatic updates

Edit: Ok, just started the update and it seems it pulls 5.9.1 after all.
              Last edited by bug77; 06 October 2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

I only do that as last resort, because it means you lose automatic updates
                I basically don't install the default Qt tools at all (so I don't expect them to get updated by the distribution in the first place), although other Qt libraries are just required and get installed as dependencies to other applications. What's cool of that installer I've linked earlier is that it also installs a Maintenance Tool, which allows you to get updates from the Qt upstream repository as soon as they're released. You can even play with an Qt 5.10 Alpha snapshot at the moment. I for example didn't have to reinstall anything from scratch, I've just launched the Maintenance Tool and updated from Qt 5.9.1 to Qt 5.9.2. Someone of course doesn't really like their distribution to become a frankenstein setup for development, but I'm too of a geek not to install such cool updates as soon as they come out (and much earlier than any rolling distro have them available). I even build GCC/CLANG from upstream once a week from source, which is cool as long as I don't install anything system-wide. I have a folder called BUILDS for anything compiled from source and APPS for binary packages downloaded from the web, under my $HOME.

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post

I basically don't install the default Qt tools at all (so I don't expect them to get updated by the distribution in the first place), although other Qt libraries are just required and get installed as dependencies to other applications. What's cool of that installer I've linked earlier is that it also installs a Maintenance Tool, which allows you to get updates from the Qt upstream repository as soon as they're released. You can even play with an Qt 5.10 Alpha snapshot at the moment. I for example didn't have to reinstall anything from scratch, I've just launched the Maintenance Tool and updated from Qt 5.9.1 to Qt 5.9.2. Someone of course doesn't really like their distribution to become a frankenstein setup for development, but I'm too of a geek not to install such cool updates as soon as they come out (and much earlier than any rolling distro have them available). I even build GCC/CLANG from upstream once a week from source, which is cool as long as I don't install anything system-wide. I have a folder called BUILDS for anything compiled from source and APPS for binary packages downloaded from the web, under my $HOME.
                  Neah, that doesn't help me. At home I'm already using Neon and at work I'd rather not play with black magic.

Comment

Neah, that doesn't help me. At home I'm already using Neon and at work I'd rather not play with black magic.
                    lol, yeah.. fair enough : )

Comment

Working...
                    X