Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Half-Tiling Support Lands For Mutter 3.26.1 & GTK3

Phoronix: Better Half-Tiling Support Lands For Mutter 3.26.1 & GTK3

The improvements covered a few months ago about better half-tiling support in GNOME have finally been queued...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice feature, but animation is really ugly. Hope WIP means they fix it soon.
    btw, my xsettings in this release works again (it didn't keep monitors config after upgrade to 3.26)

In both case, they did good job!

Comment

Hey Gnome developers, if you are already at implementing stuff that all the tiling WMs do by default, how about implementing per monitor virtual desktops? If you do that I might actually give Gnome another try.

Comment

This is exactly what I wanted to see in xfce4 wm aero tiling.
        Might switch to gnome now.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
          Hey Gnome developers, if you are already at implementing stuff that all the tiling WMs do by default, how about implementing per monitor virtual desktops? If you do that I might actually give Gnome another try.
          LDXE has per monitor virtual desktops. But to be honest why do people like this? Personally i find it a mess

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post

LDXE has per monitor virtual desktops. But to be honest why do people like this? Personally i find it a mess
            Simple: I have three monitors at work, and switching one of them to a different desktop doesn't mean I want to switch all of them to that desktop. Tiling WM developers seem to understand that, but sadly, that is the default behavior for Gnome/KDE.

Comment

You can already do this and more using extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
                You can already do this and more using extensions.
                in gnome you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

Simple: I have three monitors at work, and switching one of them to a different desktop doesn't mean I want to switch all of them to that desktop. Tiling WM developers seem to understand that, but sadly, that is the default behavior for Gnome/KDE.
                  If I understand correctly, you want each monitor to handle just a set of applications you have opened, but not all? If so, I believe KDE may have a answer to your need.

Comment

Originally posted by pheldens View Post

in gnome you mean?
                    Yes, in gnome

Comment

Working...
                    X