Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 56.0 Is Ready Ahead Of The Big Quantum Update

Phoronix: Firefox 56.0 Is Ready Ahead Of The Big Quantum Update

The final Firefox 56.0 binaries have hit the mirrors ahead of its official announcement to come. Firefox 56.0 brings more improvements while Firefox 57 "Quantum" will be a huge update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i will keep firefox on 56 till i can. 57 has awesome performance but the photon ui is trash
    long live australis

Comment

It looks like the "Quantum" work has became a trend.
      quantum dots, quantum update ... and no one has a relation with quantum mechanics.
      science-fictions Titles !!

Comment

There's also: https://launchpad.net/~mozillateam/+...u/firefox-next

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
          i will keep firefox on 56 till i can. 57 has awesome performance but the photon ui is trash
          long live australis
          57 integrates a lot better with dark GTK themes though.

Comment

Been using Firefox Quantum while I've been stuck on my ultrabook. Pretty blazing fast and less memory intensive than Chrome. I can't wait to try it out on my Ryzen 7 desktop where I can really try out the multithreaded aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
              long live australis
              If I hadn't read about photon, I wouldn't have noticed it. Tabs are slightly different, there are fewer buttons on the toolbar (but you can add whatever you want back) and reorganized menu. Not sure how it can go from "long live" to "thrash" with so few changes.

Or, to quote Arstechnica's Peter Bright:
              The current curvy tabs were met with outrage on their introduction in 2014, so the reversion to square tabs will, frankly, probably be met with outrage, but the look is clean and precise.

Comment

What's the significance behind a "Rust-written" CSS engine?

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                  What so you mean? It's just a piece of software written in Rust (aka, don't worry about exploits so much).

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                    Multithreaded styling. They say it is much faster.

Comment

Working...
                    X