Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.11 Rolls Into Beta With New System Settings, Better Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.11 Rolls Into Beta With New System Settings, Better Wayland Support

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.11 Rolls Into Beta With New System Settings, Better Wayland Support

The beta is now available of the upcoming KDE Plasma 5.11. There have been many changes baking for the Plasma 5.11 milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does KDE Plasma on Wayland handle window positioning as shitty as GNOME on Wayland?

GNOME on Wayland never remembers the last position of a window that was closed and opens windows in the same place every time. Super annoying.

Comment

Ah, Notification history, finally!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Does KDE Plasma on Wayland handle window positioning as shitty as GNOME on Wayland?

GNOME on Wayland never remembers the last position of a window that was closed and opens windows in the same place every time. Super annoying.
        That's not a GNOME issue, that's a conscious Wayland design choice.

Comment

Wayland doesn't know "screen coordinates" if I understand correctly. I may be wrong of course.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
            That's not a GNOME issue, that's a conscious Wayland design choice.
            he will keep whining about that mindlessly, blaming everyone apart from the true one

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

I haven't paid much attention, but, I also run KDE+Wayland on a single 1366x768 laptop monitor, where the position of the window is largely irrelevant. KDE has settings for window rules, which can even be done for specific applications. I never use them so I don't remember all the features, but I'm pretty sure it allows you to tweak the position.

Comment

Extraordinary news.

Comment

Is it ready for prime time now?
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Middle-mouse paste and browser support is the big thing I'm waiting on before switching to Wayland on KDE...

The last Firefox flatpak I tried with Wayland support was unusable. The the window contents were 2x bigger than the window, and clicks were registered nowhere near where I clicked.

Comment

Working...
                    X